Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter (and plush carrots)!


Happy Easter!  I love Easter.  I love the celebration of Christ and the Resurrection.  I also love the secular tradition we do around Easter.  Egg hunts are so much fun!  Luz loved looking for her eggs and her Easter basket.  Plus she LOVES all the candy she found. Haha.

I realized a few days before Easter that we had tons of stuff for Luz's basket, and NOTHING for Chi's! So, after perusing Pinterest, I whipped up a little plush carrot for her!

This is what I found:  


http://clarescraftroom.blogspot.com.au/2010/03/something-quick-for-easter-bunny.html

So cute, right?  I looked in my stash and found some cute fabric, and started following her tutorial...with a few tweaks. 


Materials used:  Scraps from my stash
                          Stuffing
Time spent:       Not long! It took me one evening and part of one nap time

Instead of just two pieces, I decided to make four, so my carrot would be more stripey, and less front and back.  Sew these two pieces together along the straight sides (with a 1/4" seam allowance) to form one of her 2.5" x 6.5" pieces.

Print with no scaling on a 8.5"x11" paper


Also, when I "turned under and tacked" the top of the carrot, I tacked my leaves onto the top hem at the same time (sorry, I forgot to take a picture!).  I then simply tightened my thread to cinch everything closed.  Does that make sense?  I added some more stitches
to secure everything in place. 


Chi LOVES it!  It's the perfect size for cute little hands, and she just chews and chews and chews on it.  Definitely a winner!  I'm thinking about making some more for Luz's play kitchen, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment